PL/SQL-to-PL/pgSQL-HOWTO

From: Roberto Mello <rmello(at)cc(dot)usu(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PL/SQL-to-PL/pgSQL-HOWTO
Date: 2001-02-25 17:33:15
Lists: pgsql-docs

Hi,

Here's the HOWTO I wrote. This is what it has:

- The basics of how to port from Oracle to PostgreSQL
- Several examples of functions in many degrees of complexity
- Several tips for working with PL/pgSQL including a table of number
of quotes needed to accomplish this or that (many get confused with
escaping quotes)
- Code for three instr functions that behave exactly like Oracle's

I am not a DocBook expert, so I apologize if I made mistakes somewhere
or if I did not add some tags that could have made your life easier. I
really strived to make a quality document.
The document, with exception of parts quoted from other sources
(including the PostgreSQL documentation), is licensed under the GNU Free
Documentation License, and I would be glad it is of any help.

If you have any other documentation that you'd like help with, please
let me know.

Sincerely,

-Roberto Mello

--
Computer Science Utah State University
Space Dynamics Laboratory Web Developer

Attachment Content-Type Size
plsql-to-plpgsql.sgml text/plain 25.1 KB