Re: Encoding names

From: Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: zakkr(at)zf(dot)jcu(dot)cz
Cc: lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Encoding names
Date: 2001-02-21 15:05:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > As you probably know, there is already a binary search algorithm coded
> > up for the date/time string lookups in utils/adt/datetime.c. Since that
> > lookup caches the last value (which could be done here too) most lookups
> > are immediate.
> >
> > Are you proposing to make a change Karel, or just encouraging others? :)
> >

> No problem for me. Do you want patch with this to tommorow breakfast?
> IMHO it's acceptable for current 7.1 too, it's really small change.
>
> Or do it Tatsuo?

Please go ahead. By the way, there is one more place you need to tweak
the encoding name table. Take a look at
interfaces/libpq/fe-connect.c. It's ugly to have simlilar tables in
two places, but I did not find better way to avoid to link huge
Unicode conversion tables in the frontend.
--
Tatsuo Ishii