Re: FOR UPDATE is not allowed in this context

From: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: FOR UPDATE is not allowed in this context
Date: 2001-02-21 13:02:21
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Tue, Feb 20, 2001 at 07:58:58PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> This seems to me to be a bug in ecpg: the variable ForUpdateNotAllowed
> doesn't get reset between statements. If you experiment more you'll

It should have been resetted at the beginning of a statement. But then it
does not exist anymore in the actual release.

> exist anymore ... but I think there are related bugs associated with
> some other ad-hoc flags in the ecpg parser, none of which get reset at
> what I would consider a reasonable place to reset them ...

Which one do you think of? I agree that some of this stuff is just a hack I
needed to get that check into the parser. But so far I have yet to see a bug
reported on these. Except for the one we are talking about of course.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Michael(at)Fam-Meskes(dot)De