Re: strange query results

From: Anand Raman <araman(at)india-today(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: postgresql <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: strange query results
Date: 2001-02-17 04:39:32
Lists: pgsql-general

HI tom
A few days back i had bugged this list about the seemingly impossible
select queries results..

##RECAP##
select distinct site_section as "distinct site sections" from
exhibit_distributions ;
distinct site sections
------------------------
ARCHIVED
ARTETC
CALENDAR
GALLERY
POSTCARD
(5 rows)

select site_section, count(*) from exhibit_distributions group by
site_section;
site_section | count
--------------+-------
| 352
| 45
| 1
| 166
| 2

##RECAP##

On going thru the flat files which we used to uplaod the database we
noticed a few fields had '' characters to signify '.. This was creating
problems in some jdbc queries.

One changing them to single ' and reloading all the data, the problem
simply disappered..

Thanks for the help
Anand Raman