Re: Re: PostgreSQL vs Oracle vs DB2 vs MySQL - Which sh ould I use?

From: Frank Joerdens <frank(at)joerdens(dot)de>
To: Michael Ansley <Michael(dot)Ansley(at)intec-telecom-systems(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: PostgreSQL vs Oracle vs DB2 vs MySQL - Which sh ould I use?
Date: 2001-02-16 09:56:17
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, Feb 16, 2001 at 09:40:36AM -0000, Michael Ansley wrote:

> I also think that a documentation system like PHP uses, where users
> can add to the docs online would be a REALLY useful addition, and
> probably help the mailing lists in the level of mail that was
> distributed.

You mean the annotated version of the manual? I don't think it works.
Personally I haven't found anything useful there. The PHP documentation
is very good and mostly sufficient once you have a certain base level of
expertise. Also, a lot of the user additions to the annotated manual are
actually questions. People don't seem to understand what it's really for
. . .

Regards, Frank