Re: 7.1beta4 RPMs.

From: Brent Verner <brent(at)rcfile(dot)org>
To: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 7.1beta4 RPMs.
Date: 2001-02-07 13:12:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 29 Jan 2001 at 02:50 (-0500), Lamar Owen wrote:
| Lamar Owen wrote:
| > ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/dev/test-rpms is the place.....
|
| One note: for whatever reason the date on the uploaded RPM's has the
| wrong year -- but the timestamp on my local copy has the correct date.
| In any case, ignore the datestamp on those RPM's -- there were _not_
| built a year ago on Sat, January 29, 2000.

yeah, right ;)

comment on the rpms:
1) could you modify the init script, specifically the initdb command,
to use the assigned $PGDATA. I have an environment where the
main database must be installed to a different location than
/var/lib/pgsql(/data)?. the suggested line is below.

su -l postgres -c "/usr/bin/initdb -D $PGDATA" > /dev/null

also, the original had a little typo: '< /dev/null'

otherwise, my experience with the rpms has been pretty good :) Thanks
for your effort.

brent

--
"We want to help, but we wouldn't want to deprive you of a valuable
learning experience."