TODO list: Allow Java server-side programming

From: tomasz konefal <twkonefal(at)yahoo(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: TODO list: Allow Java server-side programming
Date: 2001-02-02 19:40:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

greetings, group! :)

i have a question about the TODO list and could not
find an answer in any of the list archives. i am very
new to SQL and even newer to pgsql, so my ideas of how
things work is still a bit fuzzy. i am currently
working on a small e-commerce type website which is
hopefully going to use postgresql as the backend
database. the coding is mostly going to involve java.

for the sake of secure and efficient design, i was
hoping to implement the java code to be as much on the
server-side as possible. as you can tell, the
vagueness of the item in the TODO list here worries me
because i'm not sure how it will affect my project.

the implementation is projected to be running on a
linux box at the moment, but may end up on another
unix in the future.

could someone please clarify what "Allow Java
server-side programming" actually means? what are the
limitations of using java and jdbc with pgsql?

thanks in andvance.

cheers,
twkonefal

=====