Re: exit status 26

From: Dan Moschuk <dan(at)freebsd(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: exit status 26
Date: 2001-01-12 20:40:03
Lists: pgsql-general

| > So it is getting a virtual timer from somewhere. A grep of the backend
| > directory revealed no setitimer() occurances, so I can confirm that it
| > isn't postmaster doing it. And if the shells environment is unlimited,
| > which doesn't leave very many culprits left. :/
|
| Yes. It would be good to question my assumption that the exit code
| is a signal --- I can't see what else it could be, but can you run
| the backend with a breakpoint set at exit(), and get a backtrace?

Unfortunately, after upgrading the machine to 4.2-RELEASE, I cannot reproduce
this problem any longer. :/

If anyone has a 4.1-RELEASE machine kicking around, I'd love to be able
to try and track this down further.

-Dan
--
Man is a rational animal who always loses his temper when he is called
upon to act in accordance with the dictates of reason.