drop table and pg_proc

From: Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: drop table and pg_proc
Date: 2001-01-11 12:42:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Suppose a function using table t1 as its argument:

create table t1(...
create fuction f1(t1) returns...

And if I drop t1 then do pg_dump, I would got something like:

failed sanity check, type with oid 1905168 was not found

This is because the type t1 does not exist anynmore. Since not being
able to make a back up of database is a critical problem, I think we
have to fix this.

1) remove that proc entry from pg_proc if t1 is deleted

2) fix pg_dump so that it ignores sunch a bogus entry

3) do both 1) and 2)

Comments?
--
Tatsuo Ishii