Re: Postgres on AIX reply

From: "Tim Dunnington" <timbert(at)timshouse(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgres on AIX reply
Date: 2000-12-30 17:27:17
Lists: pgsql-ports

At the time that I was doing this, I made serveral posts here about it.
Perhaps you can search the archive for it...this was in June.

But for the short version, I had to add a compiler directive to include, I
think it was libtcl80.so, when building the tcl package libpgtcl.so. I'll
have to login to our development server to find out what I did (it's been six
months now)...I actually had a shell script to do the makefile change for
me. I'll send that one next week when I find it.

I beg to differ on the perl issue though. When I downloaded and installed
the postgres package in June from bull, I had to install the perl 5 package
first. Smit wouldn't install the package otherwise, and explicitly told me
that I had to have the perl 5 package. This was confirmed by another group
of engineers installing postgres on another server...they had the exact same
issues.

Now perhaps the package has changed since then, but I'm telling you I had to
install perl 5 first. I'm certain of it.

So if you know how to get around that, I'd appreciate it. Or if the package
at bull has changed, I'd like to know that too.

Thanks,
Tim

Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net> said:

> Tim Dunnington writes:
>
> > The most difficult problem we had was compiling it for AIX.
Specifically, we

--
Tim Dunnington
Sr. Integration Engineer