Off topic? - Solution for a delimiter problem

From: Andrew Gould <andrewgould(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Subject: Off topic? - Solution for a delimiter problem
Date: 2000-12-20 21:52:53
Lists: pgsql-general

I receive space delimited files that have spaces
within double quoted text fields.

Since PostgreSQL's COPY doesn't deal with multiple
delimiters, I've written a crude Python script to
convert the files to a tab delimited format without
the double quotes and without disturbing the spaces
within text fields. I'm sure someone could make it
more efficient. (Probably by rewriting it in Perl.)

Does anyone else need the script? Is the script
something I can/should post?

Andrew Gould