Re: Most efficient setup

From: Neil Conway <nconway(at)klamath(dot)dyndns(dot)org>
To: "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Most efficient setup
Date: 2000-12-13 13:27:24
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Wed, Dec 13, 2000 at 06:26:08PM +1100, Aarmel wrote:
> [...]
> database1 -> table1, table2, table3
>
> database2 -> table1, table2, table3
>
> database3 -> table1, table2, table3.
>
> OR
>
> database -> database1table1, database1table2, database3table1 etc.
> [...]
> Also we need to be able to search all the tables acrosss all the databases.

Since Postgres doesn't currently support queries over multiple
databases, the best choice would probably be putting all the tables
in a single database. And I'd be inclined to choose that design just
for simplicities sake anyway.

HTH,

Neil

--
Neil Conway <neilconway(at)home(dot)com>
Get my GnuPG key from: http://klamath.dyndns.org/mykey.asc

People of privilege will always risk their complete destruction
rather than surrender any material part of their advantage.
-- John Kenneth Galbraith