Re: pgsql/src/include (config.h.in)

From: Alfred Perlstein <bright(at)wintelcom(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql/src/include (config.h.in)
Date: 2000-12-11 01:04:25
Lists: pgsql-committers

* Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> [001210 14:26] wrote:
> Alfred Perlstein <bright(at)wintelcom(dot)net> writes:
> > For instance, the other day I started getting these when trying to
> > commit a transaction:
> > NOTICE: InvalidateSharedInvalid: cache state reset
> > Isn't that pretty fatal? Shouldn't cassert make the database core
> > at that point? It's indicative of corruption right?
>
> No, no, and no.
>
> > Should I submit a patch for this case?
>
> Only if you want to reduce it to a DEBUG notice.

That doesn't seem to make much sense, after I started getting
these notices all updates to a particular table would say
that then abort my transaction.

Perhaps this is the result of a bug in the MMNB/VLAZY stuff from
Vadim, but it sure was indicative of something gone horribly
wrong, at least for us.

--
-Alfred Perlstein - [bright(at)wintelcom(dot)net|alfred(at)freebsd(dot)org]