Re: RFC C++ Interface

From: ncm(at)zembu(dot)com (Nathan Myers)
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: RFC C++ Interface
Date: 2000-12-07 01:11:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 05:09:31PM -0500, Randy Jonasz wrote:

> I know it's been a while since we last discussed a possible rewrite of
> the C++ API but I now have some time to devote to it.
>
> The following are my ideas for implementing the C++ API:
>
> I need suggestions, additions, comments etc!

It would be helpful if the interface elements were to satisfy the STL
requirements on iterators and collections. Those specify a minimum
interface, which may be extended as needed.

The one caveat is, don't try to "shoehorn" any semantics into the
interface; anything that doesn't fit precisely should be treated
as an extension instead, and the corresponding standard interface
left unimplemented.

Nathan Myers
ncm(at)zembu(dot)com