Re: Using Threads?

From: "Ross J(dot) Reedstrom" <reedstrm(at)rice(dot)edu>
To: Myron Scott <mscott(at)sacadia(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Using Threads?
Date: 2000-12-04 17:33:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Myron -
Putting aside the fork/threads discussion for a moment (the reasons,
both historical and other, such as inter-backend protection, are well
covered in the archives), the work you did sounds like an interesting
experiment in code redesign. Would you be willing to release the hacked
code somewhere for others to learn from? Hacking flex to generate
thread-safe code is of itself interesting, and the question about PG and
threads comes up so often, that an example of why it's not a simple task
would be useful.

Ross