Re: compiling pg 7.0.3 on sco 5.0.5

From: "Billy G(dot) Allie" <bga(at)mug(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Arno A(dot) Karner" <karner(at)tnss(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, bga(at)mug(dot)org
Subject: Re: compiling pg 7.0.3 on sco 5.0.5
Date: 2000-12-03 07:25:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> This is a header bug (there's a backend header file that some bright
> soul put a static function declaration into :-( ... and the function

Actually, it's a static function, not a declaration. The DISABLE_COMPLEX_MACRO
definition was originally put in to work around a macro size limitation of the
UnixWare 2.1 C compiler (and later the SCO UDK (Universal Development Kit)).
If the gnu C compiler is being used it should not be defined. The function
used to replace the macro was placed in the header and defined as static so
that the UnixWare compiler would compile the function in-line where ever it
was used.

--
____ | Billy G. Allie | Domain....: Bill(dot)Allie(at)mug(dot)org
| /| | 7436 Hartwell | Compuserve: 76337,2061
|-/-|----- | Dearborn, MI 48126| MSN.......: B_G_Allie(at)email(dot)msn(dot)com
|/ |LLIE | (313) 582-1540 |