Re: Releasing locks

From: GH <grasshacker(at)over-yonder(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Releasing locks
Date: 2000-11-25 22:56:49
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Sat, Nov 25, 2000 at 05:53:31PM -0500, some SMTP stream spewed forth:
> GH <grasshacker(at)over-yonder(dot)net> writes:
> > Is there some way to release the "bad" lock?
>
> Kill the client holding it.
>
> In a persistent-connection environment, you'd have to ensure that any
> connection that client had open was closed, not just recycled to the
> free pool. Hmm, another thing I bet PHP doesn't do ...

AOLServer is looking much better, at least for our database stuff.
Funny, PHP works rather well with MySQL... ;-)
(No harm intended to zealots of either PHP or MySQL. Heck, my job
practically depends on PHP, but I wish it would *work* when I need it
too.)

Yet again, our hero Tom Lane rescues the hapless newbies.

Thanks.
gh