Core dumps, i.e. how to track down a problem

From: oberpwd(at)anubis(dot)network(dot)com (Wade D(dot) Oberpriller)
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org (general-help postgresql)
Subject: Core dumps, i.e. how to track down a problem
Date: 2000-11-21 23:46:42
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I am trying to track down a problem with PL/Perl. I am running the following
configuration:

PostgreSQL 7.0.2
Solaris 2.5.1
Perl 5.005_03
gcc 2.7.2.2
ld 2.0

I am creating the plperl language and can create functions in this language.
Whenever I try to execute one of these functions, the postgres server process
crashes. Does this process leave a core dump or some kind of trace to be able to
learn more about what is happening? All it does now is report that the
server process aborted with a status 11.

Is there any extra flags to turn on, or compile with that could help?

Wade Oberpriller
StorageTek
oberpwd(at)netowrk(dot)com