Upgrade problems

From: Kevin Stachowski <teachbiology(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Post pgsql-novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Upgrade problems
Date: 2000-11-19 14:49:39
Lists: pgsql-novice

I've been trying to upgrade from 6.5 to 7.0. Red hats
upgrade scripts didn't work. I finally ended up
reinstalling 6.5 on my machine at home and have been
trying to use pg_dumpall to dump my database to a file
which I can take to work to install on 7.0. Enough
with the details, can anyone tell me what the
following error message means.

[pgsql]$ pg_dumpall -o > db.out
getTypes(): SELECT failed. Explanation from backend:
'ERROR: cache lookup for userid 100 failed
'.
pg_dump failed on vemail, exiting
[pgsql]$

Kevin