Re: C program compilation

From: "Ross J(dot) Reedstrom" <reedstrm(at)rice(dot)edu>
To: "Gustavo R(dot) Bonet" <gbonet(at)bna(dot)com(dot)ar>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: C program compilation
Date: 2000-10-27 23:15:28
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Fri, Oct 27, 2000 at 01:07:12PM -0300, Gustavo R. Bonet wrote:
> I'm a beginner in PostGreSQL and I'm trying to meka my first interface with
> a C
> program.
>
> Like the documentation says, I'm using the following sentence to compile:
>
> gcc -o output_name -I /usr/include/pgsql -lpq myprogram.c
>
> But, in two diferent Linux servers the answer was:
>
> /usr/lib/libpq.so: undefined reference to `crypt'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> I have tryed with millons ways changing the order, including other paths,
> etc. ... and
> nothing.

Ah, but did you try to find out where crpyt is defined on your system? I
bet it's in a libcrypt (it used to be in libc), so try something like:

gcc -o output_name -I /usr/include/pgsql -lpq -lcrypt myprogram.c

Ross Reedstrom
--
Open source code is like a natural resource, it's the result of providing
food and sunshine to programmers, and then staying out of their way.