Re: New PostgreSQL binary distro for Windows NT

From: Yutaka tanida <yutaka(at)hi-net(dot)zaq(dot)ne(dot)jp>
To: Joerg Hessdoerfer <Joerg(dot)Hessdoerfer(at)sea-gmbh(dot)com>
Cc: Jason Tishler <Jason(dot)Tishler(at)dothill(dot)com>, pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: New PostgreSQL binary distro for Windows NT
Date: 2000-10-17 03:34:34
Lists: pgsql-announce pgsql-ports

> >My suggestion would be to remove your distro's dependency on AutoExNT
> >and replace it will Idetix's Invoker which is unencumbered. You can
> >find Invoker at:
> >
> > http://www.idetix.com/files/invkr153.zip
>
> I'll look into it, when my time allows for this. (Probably around
> the weekend). Thanks for the pointer!

I already use it.Following command can be service both postmaster and
ipc-daemon .

invoker install cygipc cygipc "ipc-daemon.exe -q" manual true
invoker install pgsql pgsql "sh -c 'postmaster -i'" manual true

> >BTW, I may eventually patch postmaster (i.e., postgres.exe) to be a
> >true NT service similar to what Cygwin did for inetd.exe. If so, I
> >will certainly submit this patch for consideration.
>
> [...]
> Yes, that would be best... but, as Daniel Horak mentioned, we should perhaps go
> for ipc-daemon as well.

Unfortunally postmaster is symlink of postgres.exe, so we can't execute
directly symlink as NT service.

--
Yutaka tanida <yutaka(at)hi-net(dot)zaq(dot)ne(dot)jp>