Formating numbers useing to_char: how to get rid of leading space?

From: Erich <hh(at)cyberpass(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Formating numbers useing to_char: how to get rid of leading space?
Date: 2000-09-24 20:41:27
Lists: pgsql-general

I'm trying to format some numbers using to_char, like this:

SELECT TO_CHAR(34, '099999');

Whenever I do this, I always get a leading space, if the int is
positive. I looked at the manual, and all the examples had leading
spaces. Is there a way to get rid of this using TO_CHAR, or should I
write my own formating function that does a TO_CHAR followed by a
LTRIM or something? If that's the only way to do it, I guess I'll
eventually just write a C function that does numerical output.

Thanks,

This message was my two cents worth. Please deposit two cents into my
e-gold account by following this link:
http://rootworks.com/twocentsworth.cgi?102861
275A B627 1826 D627 ED35 B8DF 7DDE 4428 0F5C 4454