Re: Winner Notification - Linux Magazine Editor's Choice Awards (fwd))

From: Jan Wieck <janwieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: Len Morgan <len-morgan(at)crcom(dot)net>, Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Winner Notification - Linux Magazine Editor's Choice Awards (fwd))
Date: 2000-09-15 22:57:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> *rofl* now that wasn't rigged or nothing ... I could see us second to
> MySQL, or third to Oracle/Informix, depending on how it was evaluated, but
> fourth to all three?

Hey, look at the headline:

Linux Magazine's Editor's Choice Awards
by The Editors of Linux Magazine

The Linux market is exploding with all kinds of
great new (and old) products. We decided it was
time to round up our editors and pick our
favorites. Here are the results.

(From www.linux-mag.com)

Does that sound like any comparision was done? Not to me. To
me it sounds more that The Editors of Linux Magazine just
told what tools they prefer for themself.

Jan

> On Fri, 15 Sep 2000, Len Morgan wrote:
>
> > 1st - MySQL
> > 2nd - Oracle 8i