Re: data entry

From: "Anthony E (dot) Greene" <agreene(at)pobox(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: data entry
Date: 2000-09-07 00:23:39
Lists: pgsql-novice

On 05 Sep 2000 12:38 deval wrote:

>For years I am using dBASE to compute payroll of employees. Required
>data entry is number of days present and overtime if any. This is done
>record by record. Data entry person sees employee number and name, and
>boxes with prompt, where the data is entered. For Postgresql is there
>any user interface available, that could help a non technical person to
>make the data entry?

I use HTML/CGI for almost everything, but I once whipped up a quick and dirty interface using a perl script that ran in a terminal in a manner similar to typical dBASE III apps.

--
Anthony E. Greene <agreene(at)pobox(dot)com> <http://www.pobox.com/~agreene/>
PGP Key: 0x6C94239D/7B3D BD7D 7D91 1B44 BA26 C484 A42A 60DD 6C94 239D