Error: unknown type 'ame'

From: "Gabor Z(dot) Papp" <gzp(at)gzp(dot)org(dot)hu>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Error: unknown type 'ame'
Date: 2000-08-26 08:00:07
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Thats cool, I'm now subscribed to the bug list, and receive
others bug reports, but what is with my problem? No one will
answer at least a "Sorry, we don't know what can be the
problem" mail?

7.0.2

Linux 2.4.0-test7
libc-2.1.3.so
gcc 2.95.3

This database system will be initialized with username "sql".
This user will own all the data files and must also own the server process.

Fixing permissions on pre-existing data directory /var/lib/postgresql
Creating database system directory /var/lib/postgresql/base
Creating database XLOG directory /var/lib/postgresql/pg_xlog
Creating template database in /var/lib/postgresql/base/template1
ERROR: Error: unknown type 'ame'.

ERROR: Error: unknown type 'ame'.

Creating global relations in /var/lib/postgresql/base
ERROR: Error: unknown type 'ame'.

ERROR: Error: unknown type 'ame'.

Adding template1 database to pg_database
/usr/lib/postgresql/bin/initdb: line 481: 3829 Segmentation fault "$PGPATH"/postgres $BACKENDARGS template1 <"$TEMPFILE"

initdb failed.
Removing /var/lib/postgresql.
Removing temp file /tmp/initdb.3796.