Re: Any user able to connect to a database can create tables/etc

From: Antoine Reid <antoiner(at)hansonpublications(dot)com>
To: robert(at)fledge(dot)watson(dot)org, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Any user able to connect to a database can create tables/etc
Date: 2000-08-25 20:19:11
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Fri, Aug 25, 2000 at 03:47:16PM -0400, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org wrote:
> Robert Watson (robert(at)fledge(dot)watson(dot)org) reports a bug with a severity of 2
>
> Short Description
> Any user able to connect to a database can create tables/etc
[snip]

> connect (can connect to the database at all)
> create (can create tables, views, et al)
> delete (can delete tables, views, et al)
^^^^^^
Shouldn't this one be called 'drop' privilege?

This is something I would also like to have. It is to be noted that another
opensource project (that we all know about..) supports that... :->

There might be a workaround that I am not aware of either... (and if so,
I'd like to hear it!)

just my 1/50$
antoine

--
o Antoine Reid o> Alcohol and calculus <o>
<|> antoiner(at)hansonpublications(dot)com <| don't mix. Never drink |