Creating a DB for another user (or...) (repost attempt)

From: Matthew Rice <matt(at)starnix(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Creating a DB for another user (or...) (repost attempt)
Date: 2000-08-25 12:02:54
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi everyone,

I didn't see this one make it to the list possibly because I was
subscribed under a different address. So here it is again.

I have an application that wants to do more than GRANT will permit.
I want to be able to add/remove tables/columns. However, the "user"
that will be performing all of this (plus the regular inserts et al.)
doesn't have permission to create databases.

Is there a way to either assign superuser priviledges/ownership
to that user or to create the database for him?

Thanks,
--
matthew rice <matt(at)starnix(dot)com> starnix inc.
tollfree: 1-87-pro-linux thornhill, ontario, canada