rebuilding a table from a datafile

From: brianb-pggeneral(at)edsamail(dot)com
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: rebuilding a table from a datafile
Date: 2000-08-16 14:36:10
Lists: pgsql-general

This is with regards to Postgres 6.5.

While trying to ALTER RENAME a large table (203MB data file), an error
occured. \d displays the new table name, but there is no corresponding
file. a file with the original table name still exists, so presumably the
data is not lost. Is it possible for me to undo the RENAME by massaging the
pg_* tables, or otherwise retrieve the data in the table? It was an
insert-only table, and no deletes or updates were ever performed on it.

Brian
--
Brian Baquiran <brianb(at)edsamail(dot)com>
http://www.baquiran.com/ AIM: bbaquiran

I'm smarter than average. Therefore, average, to me, seems kind of stupid.
People weren't purposely being stupid. It just came naturally.
-- Bruce "Tog" Toganazzini