Unimpletmented features

From: John Morton <jwm(at)plain(dot)co(dot)nz>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Unimpletmented features
Date: 2000-08-16 06:44:27
Lists: pgsql-general

From the ALTER TABLE documentation on postgresql.org

Synopsis

ALTER TABLE [ ONLY ]table [ * ]
ADD [ COLUMN ] column type
ALTER TABLE [ ONLY ]table [ * ]
ALTER [ COLUMN ] column { SET DEFAULT value | DROP DEFAULT }
ALTER TABLE table [ * ]
RENAME [ COLUMN ] column TO newcolumn
ALTER TABLE table
RENAME TO newtable
ALTER TABLE table
ADD table constraint definition

What happened when I tryed it:

DBD::Pg::db do failed: ERROR: ALTER TABLE / ADD CONSTRAINT is not implemented

If I find another unimplemented 'feature' of postgresql 7.0.2 documented
in the manual I swear to god I'm going to go postal.

How about a 'not yet implemented in 7.0' line in the documentation for
this stuff?

John.