Re: Some questions on user defined types and functions.

From: JanWieck(at)t-online(dot)de (Jan Wieck)
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Jeffery Collins <collins(at)onyx-technologies(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Some questions on user defined types and functions.
Date: 2000-07-26 22:52:54
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> Jeffery Collins <collins(at)onyx-technologies(dot)com> writes:
> > what is the proper way to build a patch file that
> > contains the changes? I have never done this before.
>
> "diff -c" against current sources, done so that the correct file
> pathnames are visible in the diff output; that is, cd to top level
> of distribution tree and do something like

For the past years I do a

cp -R src src.orig

after the configure step. Whatever I do in the sources, a

diff -cr src src.orig

in the toplevel directory gives me a patch I can apply to my
CVS checkout. With this I can never forget a single source
file touched.

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #