psql eating backslashes

From: JanWieck(at)t-online(dot)de (Jan Wieck)
To: PostgreSQL HACKERS <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: psql eating backslashes
Date: 2000-07-17 17:01:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

seems to me that psql thinks to know a little too much about
quoting. I'm not able to qoute a backslash at the end of a
line:

xxx=# select 'a\\b\\
xxx'# c';
?column?
a\b
(1 row)

There is a newline following directly after b\\, so I
expected a "a\b\<NL>c" response - what the above obviously
isn't.

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #