PgAccess diagrams (was: Re: Just committed some changes...)

From: "Ross J(dot) Reedstrom" <reedstrm(at)rice(dot)edu>
To: Hackers List <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PgAccess diagrams (was: Re: Just committed some changes...)
Date: 2000-07-14 19:43:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Jul 14, 2000 at 04:14:28PM +0000, Thomas Lockhart wrote:
> Define SCHEMA keyword, along with stubbed-out grammar.

I was just digging into pgaccess a little, cleaning up the
diagramming feature I had added. In a fit of naivete, I had
called them "schema", as in the logical idea, not the
SQL key word. Since we're going to be implementing SQL SCHEMA,
eventually, perhaps this would be a good time to rename this
feature in pgaccess.

How does "Diagrams" sound? Anyone have a better idea? The name appears
on a tab. The other tabs are labelled:

Tables, Queries, Views, Sequences, Functions, Reports, Forms, Scripts,
Users, ????.

Keep in mind, I have been thinking about connecting the schema diagrammer
into the visual query builder, so that you can set a 'strict' mode,
where it'll only allow joins that have been defined in the schema
editor. That's why I named it schema, in the first place. It'd be nice to
have the diagramming interact with primary key/foreign key constraints,
optionally drawing them in automatically. However, all it does right
now is draw tables and let you draw links between them, by dragging and
dropping fieldnames.

Ross
--
Ross J. Reedstrom, Ph.D., <reedstrm(at)rice(dot)edu>
NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer