Re: Fwd: Re: Fwd: Problem with recv syscall on socket when other side closed connection

From: kuznet(at)ms2(dot)inr(dot)ac(dot)ru
To: tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us (Tom Lane)
Cc: alan(at)lxorguk(dot)ukuu(dot)org(dot)uk, dyp(at)perchine(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, davem(at)redhat(dot)com
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: Fwd: Problem with recv syscall on socket when other side closed connection
Date: 2000-07-05 15:06:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello!

> As I recall, the original complaint was precisely that Linux discards
> the server->client data instead of allowing the client to read it. This
> was on a single machine, so there's no issue of whether it got lost in
> the network.

I am sorry. I have already said: it is not truth.

Original reporter (Denis) blamed particularly on the fact,
that Linux allows to read all queued data until EOF.
Try yourself, if you do not believe.

Unfortunately, I deleted that his mail, but you can find it
in mail archives I think, it was to netdev or to linux-kernel.

Alexey