users & groups

From: R D <mrk279(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: users & groups
Date: 2000-06-16 07:38:26
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi there,
i have few questions in users and droups in pgSQL that
i can't check in the next few days and this is
inportant in my choice of database:
1. If I'm using different password files for each
database can I grant or revoke privileges to this
users without creating the same users in pg_user
table? I mean is that enough to create the user only
in password file and to operate with that user,I think
I can't ALTER USER, but what about GRANT ,REVOKE?
2. How can I add a user in more than one GROUP? How
can I add an existing user to a new group? How can I
remove a user from some group? What if the users exist
only in password file and not in pg_user table(if it's
possible :-))?

Thanx in advance!
Rumen