Re: Re: MY PATCH

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Chris Bitmead <chris(at)bitmead(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-core(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, "pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-patches(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: MY PATCH
Date: 2000-06-09 11:53:41
Lists: pgsql-patches

> The regression results are correct. It's just that they're different
> than what they used to be because of the SQL3 ONLY incompatibility. I
> wasn't sure if people wanted to change the regression tests to give the
> old results, or just insert the new results.
>
> Also, I don't get any core dump. Are you sure you did a full clean and
> initdb?

OK, I have attached my regression diffs. I fixed a small regression
difference this morning for a patch I applied yesterday.

Certainly, the crash is not expected. Also, the other differences don't
seem reasonable for an inheritance patch. Are all the changes correct,
and the old results wrong? If so, we can update the expected files.

e.g.

SELECT sum(gpa) AS avg_6_8 FROM student;
avg_6_8
---------
! 6.8
(1 row)

--- 46,52 ----
SELECT sum(gpa) AS avg_6_8 FROM student;
avg_6_8
---------
! 16.6
(1 row)

Oh, I see now:

CREATE TABLE student (
gpa float8
) INHERITS (person);

So it seems some of these new results are caused by the new inherit
code. Good.

Can you confirm the other changes are correct?

Attachment Content-Type Size
unknown_filename text/plain 52.1 KB