jdbc, applet -> servlet;corba ??

From: moenk S <moenk_2000(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: jdbc, applet -> servlet;corba ??
Date: 2000-06-04 14:17:28
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi all,.....

I'm in RedHat 6.0, Postgresql 7 and Java 1.2.
I want to make client-server communication, to access
the data.

Following the java jdbc turotial, I can access the
data from applet by appletviewer. But when I try to
running applet from browser, there wass an error : No
Driver Suitable.
Give me suggestions please.

Also I have question, what the different between
servlet and corba ?
And which one better between the combinations like
follow :
DB server -> JDBC -> Applet -> Servlet
or
DB Server -> JDBC -> Apllet -> CORBA ...??

Thanks.

- moenk -