Large binary objects?

From: "Michael R(dot) Jinks" <mjinks(at)uchicago(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-novice(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Large binary objects?
Date: 2000-05-30 22:35:48
Lists: pgsql-novice

I've been asked to look into setting up a database for storing audio footage
with accompanying descriptive data, but as I look at the PostgreSQL specs
I don't find a "binary" data type. Is that because this sort of thing can't
be done with PostgreSQL, or because I'm looking at it the wrong way?

TIA,
-m
--
Michael Jinks, IB
Systems Administrator, Chicago Center for Computational Psychology