Re: 6.5.3 -> 7.0 upgrade went smoothly, thanks

From: Alfred Perlstein <bright(at)wintelcom(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Pgsql-General <pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 6.5.3 -> 7.0 upgrade went smoothly, thanks
Date: 2000-05-10 21:14:58
Lists: pgsql-general

* Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us> [000510 13:35] wrote:
> > pg_dumpall then using psql to source the file went off perfectly.
> >
> > Just a nit, where's the manpages in 7.0? :)
> >
> > Thanks for the excellent database system, and best of luck with
> > the recent step up in the business and political open source world!
>
> For those that use CVS, you have to download the doc package to get the
> manuals and manual pages. They are no longer part of CVS.

I can understand not wanting to keep the formatted manpages and such
under CVS, but why remove the manpages entirely from the repo? It
makes little sense to me because it makes it more complex to submit
changes.

How does one submit changes to the manpages now? Is there some way
to get them via cvsup/cvs?

--
-Alfred Perlstein - [bright(at)wintelcom(dot)net|alfred(at)freebsd(dot)org]