Re: [ANNOUNCE] Great Bridge LLC to market, support PostgreSQL

From: "D(dot) Jay Newman" <jay(at)sprucegrove(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Great Bridge LLC to market, support PostgreSQL
Date: 2000-05-09 15:30:54
Lists: pgsql-announce pgsql-general

>My name is Ned Lilly; my role in the company is kind of a VP for
>Hacker Relations.... I'd be happy to answer anyone's questions about
>the company, our plans, etc.

Hi:

As you indicated in your note, I would be interested in working
for your company.

I have been a full-time professional programmer for over 15 years. Most
of this time I have worked for Penn State programming educational
applications and tools.

I have used PostgreSQL since Postgres95, and am continuing through the
present (and hopefully future). In addition to using PostgreSQL, I
have been reviewing the PostgreSQL book for Addison Wesely Longman
(I do the occasional book and/or proposal review for them).

My specialty is user-interface, object-oriented programming (working
with education tones the user-interface skills), and relational database
design and programming. I've also done systems administration and network
programming.

I will send another note with a cover letter and resume, which includes
several projects which use PostgreSQL, but I have to wait until after
lunch for this note.

At this point in my life I am interested in moving away from the
university environment. I am currently partially telecomuting for
Penn State (half-days at the office and half-days from home). I would
be interested mainly in a telecomuting position, either full or part
time.

Thanks in advance.
--
D. Jay Newman ! For the pleasure and the profit it derives
jay(at)sprucegrove(dot)com ! I arrange things, like furniture, and