Duplex hardcopy documents

From: fk(at)akf(dot)dk
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Duplex hardcopy documents
Date: 2000-05-05 23:50:33
Lists: pgsql-docs

Hello.

I have written to Thomas Lockhart about making the hardcopy
documentation Duplex enabled but didn't get any respond, so I thought
that I might post it in here (I believe that he didn't get my mail).

I would like to contribute if it would be possible, but have little
time until my summer vacation which start about the end of June, but
what I would really like is a hard copy of the documentation which is
possible to print out in duplex format (I know that this would double
the needed capacity for the documentatiuon, but it would be enough to
have a few distributions which is separated by the format (A4 or
Letter) and the book form (simplex or duplex), which could be in four
distributions (each form and each format - I know that this would
clutter up the distributions, but then again, we wouldn't like
people to download things that they don't need, do we).

The hard part (as I see it) is to make the duplex format, which
require each chapter to be on a odd page (by possibly inserting
empty even pages between chapters), and odd pagenumbers to be placed
on the right side and even pagenumbers on the left side.

I do know that Thomas is making a lot of work just to produce the
hardcopy versions of the documentation, but if I could assist, I
would be happy to make the work that is nedded to make the duplex
version of the documentation, I just need to to know what has to be
done.

Yours faithfully.
Finn Kettner.