Re: US Date Style

From: Jason Earl <jdearl(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org, Web Manager <web(at)inter-resa(dot)com>
Subject: Re: US Date Style
Date: 2000-04-20 18:12:28
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-sql

Thanks to <web Manager> and the PostgreSQL docs I have
found out what I was doing wrong. Actually the fix
was so dead simple that I am more than a little
embarrased to share.

But here goes...

The Debian package of PostgreSQL has a nifty
configuration file /etc/postgresql/postmaster.init .
Basically this file let's you customize just about any
PostgreSQL parameter that is configurable at run time
and worth fiddling with. I read the config file and
decided that setting:

PGDATESTYLE=US

Should do what I needed. Unfortunately what I
actually wanted was:

PGDATESTYLE=POSTGRES

Thanks to web(at)inter-resa(dot)com, and special thanks to
the PostgreSQL team for their continued efforts.

7.0 Rocks,
Jason Earl