Re: Finding out table names

From: "tjk(at)tksoft(dot)com" <tjk(at)tksoft(dot)com>
To: kdnostr(at)california(dot)sandia(dot)gov (Kristen Nostrand)
Cc: pgsql-questions(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Finding out table names
Date: 2000-04-19 20:22:48
Lists: pgsql-sql

Kristen,

Here's what I use.

SELECT relname FROM pg_class WHERE relkind='r' and relname NOT LIKE 'pg_%' order by relname

Obviously, if you have tables which start with "pg_," then this solution
is not going to work.

I don't know how orthodox this solution is, or whether there are
serious problems with it. Maybe we'll find out now.

Troy