Efficiency

From: Radhesh Mohandas <rod(at)arl(dot)wustl(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Efficiency
Date: 2000-02-08 11:32:38
Lists: pgsql-sql

hi,
If I have a large set of updates to be made - which may take around 10 minutes
will it be faster if I include them in a transaction block ?
I assume that the updates will be written into the database only on commit
hence I may be able to save some disk writes and speed up the total update time?
All comments will be appreciated.
-Radhesh