Re: [HACKERS] (libpq) Anyone still having problems with COPY?

From: Patrick Welche <prlw1(at)newn(dot)cam(dot)ac(dot)uk>
To: Alfred Perlstein <bright(at)wintelcom(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] (libpq) Anyone still having problems with COPY?
Date: 2000-01-27 13:13:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jan 26, 2000 at 10:04:10PM -0800, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> I'd like to know if the issue seems resolved so I can move on to adding
> other feature that were discussed.
>
> If anyone is still getting wierdness I'd really like to know, I don't
> want to be known as the guy who broke libpq and disappeared. :)

I think Tom Lane has shown that what is left of my problem has to do with

Subject: [HACKERS] Sure enough, SI buffer overrun is broken
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 22:06:05 -0500

Remember that for me, before your last patch, I couldn't do a pgdump and
reload. Since your patch I can, and in fact most things work, just not
time consuming joins, and the parallel test failed without extra joins going
on in the background, which agrees with Tom's findings.

Cheers,

Patrick