Bug or my problem

From: "Andrew E(dot) Kanevsky" <mrh(at)aliceoy(dot)isracom(dot)net(dot)il>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bug or my problem
Date: 2000-01-06 16:44:03
Lists: pgsql-bugs

POSTGRESQL BUG REPORT TEMPLATE

Your name :Andrew Kanevsky
Your email address :mrh(at)isracom(dot)net(dot)il
System Configuration
---------------------
Architecture (example: Intel Pentium) :Intel Pentium
Operating System (example: Linux 2.0.26 ELF) :Linux 2.2.10 ELF & a.out
PostgreSQL version (example: PostgreSQL-6.3.2) : PostgreSQL-6.3.2
Compiler used (example: gcc 2.7.2) :gcc-2.7.2.3

in brief, I have a databese 'bit' in this database I created the table oprlist, in this table I have a 10 values with parameters:
bit=> \d oprlist

Table = oprlist
+----------------------------------+----------------------------------+-------+
| Field | Type | Length|
+----------------------------------+----------------------------------+-------+
| depid | int2 not null | 2 |
| oprid | int2 not null | 2 |
| nicname | char16 not null | 16 |
| passwd | char16 not null | 16 |
| tel1 | char16 | 16 |
| tel2 | char16 | 16 |
| status | int2 | 2 |
| logged | int2 | 2 |
| interest | int4 | 4 |
| name | varchar() | 40 |
+----------------------------------+----------------------------------+-------+

This database work with a delfi client under windows and with web interface.

And same time ago place on my hard disk finished! I found in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/bit files named pg_psort.xxxxx.xx with wild size, like 200-300MB, & then I detect problem with this table, if I make: select * from oprlist; this task is hang down and then I need restart postmaster.

Please describe a way to repeat the problem. Please try to provide a

Any time if I make select * from oprlist; I have this problem, or I make it from windows client, or from web interface, or directly from pgsl command line.

If you know how this problem might be fixed, list the solution below:

Then I make: select * from oprlist where nicname='admin'; and see NOTHING! :(
But if I make select * from oprlist; I view normal record.
Then I delete this record and create a new one, now everything work properly, BUT! If I make: bit=> select * from oprlist;
I have:
PQexec() -- Request was sent to backend, but backend closed the channel before responding.
This probably means the backend terminated abnormally before or while processing the request.

HEEEELP me please!
With best regards!