What do you think?

From: Terry Jarrard <jarrard(at)webzone(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: What do you think?
Date: 2000-05-03 21:01:47
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello everyone.
I've tried to do alot of research on PostgreSQL. And first off, it looks nice.
I've looked through all the FAQ's I can find, ditto on the archives, and
I've got a couple of question for you.

I am really interested in peoples personal opinions. you can email me
directly at jarrard(at)webzone(dot)net or AE-Kamylon(at)aephirsden(dot)com
The more replies, the better we will feel with going this route.

1. In an overall basis how do you like PostgreSQL?

2. I am an ORACLE developer. And I've been looking into PostgreSQL as an
alternitive to ORACLE for a company I'm working for. The DBA we have have
has been an ORACLE DBA for a while. So the question is, how much of a
difference will this be to us?

3. We are also curious as to the load the database can handle? Is it on
par with Oracle?

4. I know there are tools for PostgreSQL at ZEOS. But we were curious if
there are any (or any other) tools for dba's to maintain and tune the db?