Re: doc: add missing "id" attributes to extension packaging page

From: Brar Piening <brar(at)gmx(dot)de>
To: "Karl O(dot) Pinc" <kop(at)karlpinc(dot)com>
Cc: Corey Huinker <corey(dot)huinker(at)gmail(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>, Ian Lawrence Barwick <barwick(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: doc: add missing "id" attributes to extension packaging page
Date: 2023-03-24 05:48:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 24.03.2023 at 05:09, Karl O. Pinc wrote:
> Hi Brar,
>
> An observation: The # that shows up when hovering
> over section-level headings is styled as the
> section-level heading is. But the # that shows
> up when hovering over varlistentrys has the default
> text style.
>
> This works for me. It's nice to have the "section #"s
> look like the section heading. But the varlistentry's
> terms are smaller than the normal font, and their
> line width is less heavy than normal. I'm not really
> invested one way or the other, but I find it kind of
> nice that the varlistentry's #s are easier to click
> on and more noticable because they're slightly larger
> than might be expected.

TBH I didn't bother a lot with this.

Most of the time it's actually not the font size but rather the
font-family which gets inherited from the parent element if you don't
set it explicitly.

The link just inherits everithing (including the color, which I have set
to inherit explicitly since links don't inherit the parent's color by
default) from it's parent, which is the HTML <dt> element (ultimately
the inheritance probably goes up to the <body> element style in pretty
much all cases).

In some instances the input <term> element contains elements that are
styled differently in the output (e.g.: <literal> which translates to
HTML <code> which has "font-family: monospace;") which makes the # from
the link appear differently than the visible element it appears after.

Since (after tweaking the color) the general visual appearence looked ok
to me, I didn't bother with this any further.

Regards,

Brar