What’s the usage of SO_TYPE_ANALYZE

From: Zhang Mingli <zmlpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: What’s the usage of SO_TYPE_ANALYZE
Date: 2022-11-10 14:06:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi, hackers

I found that we set the SO_TYPE_ANALYZE option in table_beginscan_analyze()

static inline TableScanDesc
table_beginscan_analyze(Relation rel)
{
uint32 flags = SO_TYPE_ANALYZE;

return rel->rd_tableam->scan_begin(rel, NULL, 0, NULL, NULL, flags);
}

But I didn’t find a place to handle that option.
Do we miss something?  ex: forget handle it in table_endscan.
Else, it’s  not used at all.

The first commit introduced this option is c3b23ae457.
Other commits modify this option just changed the enum order.

Regards,
Zhang Mingli