Re: Project proposal for Google Summer of Code

From: "Mickael Deloison" <mdeloison(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Project proposal for Google Summer of Code
Date: 2008-03-26 15:27:36
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

2008/3/26, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>:
> I mean a tool for general tasks, not just unit tests. It makes more
> sense to pitch the project as a new feature to allow scripting within
> pgAdmin - for example, you could use it to setup a table broken into
> 100 partitions. That doesn't mean you have to forget the unit tests,
> just that they become another, albeit important, capability of the
> feature.

So you say maybe "pgUnitTest" is not the best name and I agree.
Actually the scripting language I created is not only for testing. The
basic thing is that you can use control structures (if else, while,
for) between you queries to do whatever you want to without requiring
any specific language like Java, C or any library. And unit testing is
more about code than queries. I am going to find and suggest a better
name.

> OK, sounds good! I look forward to reading your proposal. Please be
> sure to outline exactly what does and does not need to be worked on.

This email was just to present the idea. Of course, in the proposal, I
will write a precise timeline with what needs to be done exactly.