pgUnitTest: run unit test on database queries and insert random data

From: "Mickael DELOISON" <mdeloison(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgUnitTest: run unit test on database queries and insert random data
Date: 2007-08-13 15:28:12
Lists: pgsql-announce

Hello,

I have realized a tool for PostgreSQL: pgUnitTest. The project page:
http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pgunittest
And a brief description of the capabilities of pgUnitTest:
http://pgunittest.projects.postgresql.org

This program is designed to insert a lot of random data in a database
and then write script to execute unit tests on database queries (check
results, execution time, number of rows).
A first version can be downloaded on the project page. It is in Java
and therefore it is cross-platform: at least it was tested on a PC
under Windows and Linux Slackware and on a Mac. It is a command line
tool: inputs are provided with a scripting language described in the
documentation bundled with the program.

In the future I plan to change the scripting language that is used to
provide the tests. And in a further future I plan, maybe, to include
such a thing as a pgAdmin module.

Please tell me what you think of this project.

Mickael